Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lex Hotel Review

While in New York City last weekend, I stayed at the Lex Boutique (which is a small version of a hotel).  I thought I would give it a review and show pictures of the hotel room because I enjoy reading hotel reviews by other bloggers, so I thought it would be fun to write one.





A full length mirror is a must for me in hotel rooms.  Couldn't help but take a selfie in my pajama set.



As you may have noticed, the room was very small.  Boutique hotels are meant to have small rooms because they aren't meant to be spent much time in.  The small room was fine because it was just my friend and I sharing it and we really didn't need anything larger.  The view was great from our window, we could see the bustling New York Streets; however, my mom's room had a horrible view of a brick wall.

The bed I thought was comfortable, I slept like a baby both nights (but that may have been because I was wiped out from walking so much).  There was a nice TV right across from the bed so that was good.  They also provided both Maeve and I with a complimentary water bottle each day, which was actually pretty awesome because usually hotels charge you to drink their bottled water.

I really liked the bathroom.  The only thing that could have been better was if it had a double vanity and the water pressure in the shower could've been better.  Other than that I loved the colors and I liked the big ledge in the shower that could hold everything.  Not to mention their conditioner worked really well :)

In the morning they served a complimentary breakfast which consisted of muffins, croissants, bananas, coffee/tea/hot chocolate, and some other baked goods.  We ate that one morning and it was decent; however, if you plan on eating this you should head down before 9:15 am or all of the food will be gone.

Staff was very friendly and recommend good restaurants to eat at.  Super clean.  Really good location too.  Walking distance from SoHo, West Village, 5th avenue, and only a 5 minute walk from the Flat Iron building. Overall I would rate this hotel an A-.

xoxo
emma

{ps click here for my previous blog}

No comments:

Post a Comment