Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Perfect Grilled Cheese Recipe

Out of every food I have ever eaten, grilled cheese has to be my chosen meal.  I order grilled cheese wherever I go out to eat whether it is Panera or a 5-star restaurant.  Naturally I've had a hard time making  grilled cheese as good as the ones from restaurants, but I think I finally found a real winner.

Ingredients:

  • whole wheat sourdough bread
  • butter
  • american cheese
  • arugula
  • red onion



Assembling the grilled cheese is simple.  I like to use 1 1/2 pieces of cheese and lay them on one break then stack on the red onion, then arugula.  After I close the sandwich I butter each side and lay in on the pan.  With the heat on medium-low, put a lid over the grilled cheese and let it sit for 5-7 minutes, occasionally checking on it.  Then flip, and repeat for 4-5 minutes this time.  When it is finished, that is your end product and I can guarantee, you'll love the results!

xoxo
emma

1 comment:

  1. Whoops is it bad that I've never ate a grilled cheese sandwich I don't know if its just me because I'm britsh but I will definitely try this

    http://wednesdaysareboring.blogspot.co.uk
    Ambra xx

    ReplyDelete