Sunday, February 1, 2015

Valentine's Day Gift DIY



Welcome February! Valentine's Day is coming up and I never know what do to about gifts.  I don't have a boyfriend and my friends and I don't normally give each other gifts on Valentine's day, but my sisters and I do.  Usually we just throw a bunch of candy in a bag and give it to each other, but this year I wanted to do something nice.  Whether this is for a best friend, boy friend, parent, or sibling this DIY Valentine's Day treat is an adorable, easy, and affordable one.

Valentine's DIY Mason Jar

Supplies:
  • candy (particularly red or pink)
  • mason jar (any size)
  • string
  • notecard
  • cloth

Assembly:

1. Decorate the Card (you will be attaching a card to the jar, so before getting started sign the card!)
On mine I wrote: Be My Valentine xo
Other Suggestions: Be Mine
                                Hug Me
                                You Rock
                                ILYSM
2. Pour in the Candy
I bought these hershey kisses (2 bags for $6) this was the only expense of this DIY.  The rest of these materials I found in my house.

3. Cut a cloth/tissue paper
Cut any material to go under the lid of the mason jar to add a pop of pink for valentine's day.  I recommend using cloth, but I only had tissue paper and it worked fine too!

4.  Attach Lid

5.  Attach Card to String
Cut a whole in the card and put the string through it.

6.  Screw on the Lid

{FINI}



xoxo
Emma

p.s. click here for my previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment