Thursday, May 7, 2015

Makeup Routine

My makeup routine changes approximately every two or three months, as it usually changes with the seasons.  Since mid-April I've had my new routine down for Spring, and I'm loving my new look. Since its almost summer, my main goal was to make my face look more sun-kissed, and my eyes brighter.  Here is my step-by-step routine!


I begin with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in the shade Ivory.  It has medium coverage which is a good amount when it starts to get hot out because the worst is sweating due to heavy foundation.  I then put on Smashbox Concealer under my eyes and over any blemishes.  I don't use this daily, just when I need it.  Finally, I set everything with the Bare Minerals translucent powder.  I focus the powder on my forehead and nose, the more greasy areas, to make sure not to look cake-y.


These three steps are probably my favorite.  I start with Hoola Bronzer, which I've used for more than a year now and I swear by it.  I just do the normal contouring under my cheek bones and on my temples.  I love the tan, sun-kissed look it gives.  Above the bronzer, I use the elf Baked Highlighter, which is so cool because whenever the sun hits it, my face brightens up.  Last, I use a little bit of Glossybox Blush, it has a blue undertone which makes the blush much more subtle.


Onto eyes.  I don't do anything fancy with eyeshadow.  If I'm in the mood I use the Cindy Lou Manizer which could be used as a highlight or an eyeshadow.  My new favorite thing is this Julep eyeliner.  It looks so amazing and I'll be wearing it for a while.  I transitioned to this brown eyeliner instead of the dark black I wore in the winter.  Then obviously mascara.  As usual I sport the Benefit "they're real!" mascara.



For lips I've been obsessing over bright colors.  I don't usually wear anything extravagant on my lips; however, this Lip Tar by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is screaming my name and I can't wait to try it out soon.

xoxo
emma

{ps click here to see my previous blog}

No comments:

Post a Comment