Wednesday, November 5, 2014

5 Things I Never Knew about Makeup

Over the past 9 months I have been watching tons of makeup tutorials on youtube and finding out more and more about makeup.  Thinking back, this time last year I knew so little about makeup.  here are 5 things I've learned over the past 9 months or so.

1. You are supposed to wet your beauty blender.

I can't believe I didn't know this because it makes such a huge difference.  It helps spread your foundation and make it smoother.  I'm sure like everyone knows this and I was just clueless, but yeah.

I also found this.  I use the Beauty Blender dupe which works just as well as the actual beauty blender and is $10 cheaper.


2. The order to apply makeup

I love this chart that I found on twitter.  It tells you the exact order of how to apply your makeup/moisturize/skincare.  I always questioned the order I was putting on makeup, especially eye makeup like mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow.  After watching countless beauty gurus on youtube and relying on this chart- I'm now an expert.


3. The Importance of Eyebrows

Not up until 3 months ago did I start to improve my eyebrow game.  Now I know to brush through my brows, fill them, highlight the brow bone, and use brow gel to keep them in place.  Eyebrows make such a difference in how you look which I never knew.


4.  Eyeshadow placement

I never knew that the lightest color went on the inner corner and the darkest belongs in the outer corner and the crease.  I had never heard of highlighting the brow bone so i basically just put a bunch of sparkly eyeshadow onto my lid and headed to school.  That look satisfies most people, but following the chart below in terms of where dark vs. light colors belong on your eyelid, really helps.


5.  Contouring and Highlighting

Contouring is my favorite part of my makeup routine.  It works wonders.  Same with highlighting.  I use the charts below to highlight and contour and it'll make your face have so many more angle and make your cheekbones look higher and your face thinner.  It is the reason Kim Kardashians face looks so good all the time.




xoxo
emma

1 comment:

  1. This is Erinn from Smooth Smith Style! Just checking out your blog❤️

    ReplyDelete