Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Overview

I do love Thanksgiving!  What is better than eating as much food as you want with your entire family and getting dressed up?  The answer is: nothing.

My family and I got up around 8 am and ate pancakes. Then bundled up and went on a scavenger hunt in the woods.  This was our second annual scavenger hunt, but it is becoming a tradition.  My mom hides little presents like mascara, chap stick, money, and candy and writes clues as to where they are hiding.

After an hour of walking through the woods with my dog and my family, we all headed home and got dressed for the big meal.

My relatives lives on the other side of the country and we spend Christmas with them, so for Thanksgiving we are on our own.  Last year and this year we ate at the Langham Hotel in Boston, which has the most amazing Thanksgiving dinner.  They have everything from traditional dishes to a whole seafood station, kids section, and even breakfast station.  Not to mention the place always looks absolutely stunning.  They also have so many desert options!

I ended up wearing a simple dress with my combat boots and just a pair of nylons.  it was very simple and comfortable, but I regret wearing a tight dress because by the time I finished my meal and then desert, I had a huge food baby.



They had a fake red carpet which my sisters and I took about 100 pictures in front of.
Dress-  I cannot find this dress anywhere, I purchased it at Nordstrom Rack for $41 and it is from the brand Tart.  Similar dress here.

This is where we ate- however I did not take this picture.





 The most delicious deserts!

I hope you all had an amazing Turkey Day!  Of course I am going black friday shopping in a few hours so I am very excited.  I will be blogging what I purchased and the deals I got from that shopping trip shortly.  (Here)

xoxo
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment