Saturday, October 25, 2014

Bonus Blog: Halloween Costumes

Every Halloween, my school dresses up and we all sport out a Halloween Costume.  Sounds very 'elementary school' but it is actually fun getting to dress up again, and let me tell you- some kids go all out.  Whether or not your school dresses up, you may find yourself in need of a costume for parties, trick or treating, or in my case- school.  

I put together three simple outfit ideas for Halloween.  I tried to make the outfits have mostly items you would find at home- but a couple of the things would probably need to be purchased- for a very low price.

Outfit #1 Black Cat
You probably already have black leggings, a black tank, any black shoes (I chose Uggs), red nail polish, and maybe a black bow or tattoo choker (as those are in right now).  For this look, the only thing you may need to invest in are cat ears, and possibly some face paint.  I love this look because wearing all black is the way to go, and the red nails add for a nice pop.


Outfit #2 Army Girl
This is probably my favorite outfit out of the three.  First, pair any combat boots you own with some kind of army green bottom ( I chose a skater skirt, pants, or leggings would do too).  Then I paired the skirt with a cropped army patterned top- which you can find for less than 15$ at Forever 21.  I added a bucket hat to the outfit and decided black nails with a army green accent nail would look the best.  Then I paired a black with gold studded bag to complete the look.

Outfit #3 Chic Indian

This look is beyond cute and for Halloween at my school this year, is probably what I will be wearing.  It is pretty simple to put together too.  First, you need a long brown dress- or what I think is even better is an XL men's t-shirt and then you can cut it to your desire.  Then, a pair of moccasins which most people already have so no need t go out and buy some.  My favorite part is the jewelry.  Gather a ton of fun brackets (preferably with some turquoise) and layer them.  Then I chose a turquoise necklace to add to the costume.  Finally, a feather hippie band, you can make one or buy one cheap some place like Claire's.
Hopefully you like one of these ideas!

xoxo
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment