Sunday, October 26, 2014

Organizing Makeup

In the morning it is always a rush to get ready, and I am always exhausted from staying up late studying the night before.  When you're in a rush, the little things make a difference.  Like having your makeup organized so you know where everything is and don't have to waste 30 seconds looking for a single product.  This is how I organize my makeup.

1. Eyeshadow

 So this is one of my drawers in my bathroom.  I put 3 smaller boxes into the big drawer to divide everything into a more organized way.
 In the first box I have individual eyeshadows as well as several trios.
 In the middle area I mostly have my bigger palettes like the Naked Basics and other the Physics Formula palette for blue eyes- these are my go-to eyeshadows so I keep them on top.
 In the last box I have three palettes that I rarely use, I got them really cheap at E.L.F.  I also have a two brush holders that I use when I travel sitting in there.

2. Lips
 I got these little containers that you'll see a lot at the container store and they help so much for organizing!  I put my tall lipsticks/glosses in this container.

 Then I put my smaller lip glosses, lipsticks, lip stains, and chapped sticks into this similar container.



3. Brushes

 Again I use a go to container and just pile my brushes into there.

4. Primers
 In this cute container I put all my primers which are all really little and I have so many because they all come in my BirchBox, then this container has a strap so I hang it from a hook in the wall.

3. Other Face/Eye Products
 I have another container which is split into three sections so...
 In the first I put eyeliner and mascara.  I put an elastic around all the mascaras and another around the eyeliners because then it is easier to find which one I'm looking for.  I also have my eyelash curler (which is pink and so amazing) and my beauty blender (my life depends on my beauty blender) in the same section.
 In the middle are my bronzers, blush, and highlights.  I just stack them up.
And finally, I keep a variety in this last section.  I have powder, one blush, two eyebrow gels, concealer, booster, highlighter, and BB creams. S o its just the random stuff that didn't fit anywhere else.

Moral of the story, buy a ton of containers and then organize what goes where.  I didn't include my foundations just because I only have two and they just sit on top of my counter.

xoxo
emma

1 comment:

  1. Love naked and hoola by benefit! would love it if you could follow me on GFC and bloglovin also leave a comment beaut! www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete