Friday, September 5, 2014

How to Stay Successful in School: Organization

The school year can often times be stressful and a mess if you are unorganized and uncoordinated.  It has only been the first week of school for me and I'm already stressed out 24/7!  One way to keep your grades up and steady is simply with organization.  When you are organized you are much less likely to lose assignments or forget about a test or quiz.  Also, it enables you to complete your homework and studying quickly.  Today I am sharing with you four tips to keep organized in and out of school.

(quick side note: sorry the quality of these photos aren't the best.  I took these pictures at like midnight so it was really dark and I had to bump up the exposure a ton.)


1.  I purchase different color binders/notebooks/folders for each subject.  For example, Math is white and English is blue.  Then, when I arrive at class I know which notebook and folder to pull out for the given subject.

2.  Use an agenda.  My agenda is from At-a-Glance.  The agendas both have a monthly calendar and a weekly calendar which makes it easy to record homework assignments AND social plans.  I use my agenda for everything and don't think I would get through the school year without it.




















3.  Have a prepared pencil case.  I use a large pencil case that I picked up at staples that is black, because as you probably have figured by now I love black cause it goes with everything.  In there, I have a section dedicated to pencils, another for colored pencils and art supplies, and so on.  If you have everything in your pencil case you won't have to borrow other peoples tools and you will be prepared, which the teachers will recognize.


4.  Have backup supplies.  Some days you may leave your pencil case at home which is totally okay because everyone has those days.  I keep a backup pencil case just with a bunch of pencils in it and a single highlighter and eraser- the necessities incase I forget mine.  I also keep a backup notebook so I can copy the notes into the original one if I forget my notebook.


I hope these tips gave you some help and ideas of your own and you can have a more organized and successful school year.

xoxo emma

No comments:

Post a Comment