Sunday, July 12, 2015

Summer Ideas for When You Are Bored

{6 summer ideas to cure boredom}

1// Have a Pool Day
Yes this is obvious, but very effective.  Pull out all the pool floaties and toys you have, throw on your favorite bikini, pick out a few snacks, and you're all set.  Even call over a few friends and ask them to bring chips or cookies and you can make a day of it!

 2// Start a Blog
I started my blog at the end of last summer, and its been one of the best things I ever did.  I realized I love photography and being creative on my blog.  Writing posts provides an outlet for de-stressing and its something I really enjoy doing.  I recommend starting one, its free and really easy.  

3// Tie Dye
I make sure to tie dye at least one t-shirt every year.  One year I used socks and it turned out awesome.  This is a great outdoor activity to do with yours friends and it is pretty inexpensive.  Just grab an old t-shirt and pick out some dye and you're ready to go!


4// Go on a Hike
This is something I am really trying to do a lot this summer.  I used to hike a lot, and want to start that up again.  Hiking is amazing exercise and the results are so worth it once you get the view.  Also, picnicking during the hike can be super fun so I recommend it.

5// Camping
I guess this connects to hiking, but camping is another great adventure for summer.  Whether you go with friends, your family, or a boyfriend, hiking always ends up being really fun and makes for some awesome memories and artsy pictures, am I right?

6// Try a Recipe
The fruit in the summer is amazing so it is prime time to try out all the recipes you've been noticing on Pinterest or seeing on Instagram health pages.  There are so many smoothies and salads I'm dying to try out this time of year, so stay tuned on the blog since I may be doing a post on that soon!

xoxo
emma

{ps I am currently at sleep away camp, my posts are pre-scheduled.  If you're contacting me be sure to shoot me an email and I will get a chance to reply on 7/25.  Thanks for your patience}

No comments:

Post a Comment