Sunday, March 15, 2015

Books Blog

Who doesn't love finding a book that you cannot put down when you are reading?  These are some recent books I have read which I absolutely love and I kept thinking about them far after I had finished the book.



1.  The Little Chinese Seamstress {This book takes place in China and is about two boys who fall in love with the same girl.  It takes place during the Chinese Cultural Revolution so it is a bit historical, but the love story that goes on during it is adorable}

2.  Looking For Alaska {If you read The Fault in Our Stars, this is another John Green novel, but this one is ten times better.  I love this one.  It is mysterious, heartbreaking, and all around amazing.  This is my favorite book of all time.  I totally recommend this for teen girls}

3. #16 things i thought were true {I read this book while I was on vacation and relaxing on the beach.  It is about a summer romance and a long road trip.  The characters are each so different and intriguing.  While reading this book I laughed out loud so many times}

4.  Girl In Translation {This novel was actually my summer reading book last summer and everyone weirdly ended up loving it.  I literally could not put this book down and when my friends would hang out we would all discuss this book...and we aren't even nerds...thats how good of a book it is}

5.  Night {This was another book I had to read for school.  It is much more serious than the other teen books I previously talked about.  It takes place during the Holocaust and is about a 16 year old boy trying to survive with his dad in a concentration camp.  It made me cry a lot because it's really sad seeing what happens to him and his father's relationship throughout and the effects of the Holocaust}

6.  How I Lost You {LOVE this book.  This is another summer novel for then girls about two best friends growing apart.  One is really into partying and guys and the other is a total jock trying to make it in the art of paint balling.  I really liked this read and it connects well to some parts of every girl's life}

xoxo
Emma

{ps click here for my previous blog post}

1 comment: