Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hair Care Routine

I am not one of those people that can wake up and brush through their silky smooth hair without adding any product first and go about their day.  I have semi-curly hair so it is an absolute frizz ball in the morning once I've brushed it, which is not pleasant.  However, I've had to learn how to deal with frizzy hair over the past few years and am definitely able to control it, while keeping my hair healthy.


Here are the steps I use almost every day to achieve silky, soft hair.

Step 1: I like to shower the night before doing my hair in the morning.  Experiment with different shampoo and conditioner until you have found the right match for you.  Everyone's hair needs something different.  I use the Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner about every other day.

Step 2: When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is deal with my hair before makeup or choosing an outfit.  I brush through all of my hair with my Conair Brush.  At this point my hair becomes very frizzy, but it is okay because I control it.

Step 3:  If this is my second day hair (meaning I didn't shampoo or conditioner the night before) I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo just to freshen up my hair incase it starts to get greasy.

Step 4:  I usually straighten my hair so before that I spray it with the Nexxus Heat Protecting Mist.  This is a life saver because it protects your hair from split ends and dullness.

Step 5: Finally, I straighten it.  Generally I straighten it in three sections (lower, middle, and top) to get the best results, but some days I'll just straighten it in a pony tail or run through it for more wavy hair.  I use this straightener.

NOTE:  The days I don't straighten my hair, I shampoo and condition in the morning before school.  That way when I get out of the shower I apply the Aussie Sprunch Mousse which adds curls and texture to your hair.

Most of these products can be found at CVS and I linked them to ULTA.  The dry shampoo can be found in Urban Outfitters, but not CVS.

xoxo
emma

{ps click here for my previous blog}

1 comment:

  1. My hair becomes a frizz ball too.. Will check out the Nexxus heat protector and that mousse..

    ReplyDelete