Thursday, March 19, 2015

NYC top five

I am going to New York City in about a week with two of my friends for a girl's weekend.  We are staying for 2 nights/ 3 days and I cannot wait to hang out with them and explore the city.  NYC is one of my favorite places in the world, here are 5 of my favorite things to do there:

Shopping



This one is kind of obvious considering I have a fashion blog.  I've been saving up to do some serious shopping in New York for spring/ summer clothing.  Soho is probably the best place for teens to shop since they have big name brands like H&M, the Kardashian's store DASH, as well as smaller boutiques.  Another place to check out is Madison Ave, although this is probably the most expensive area, you can check out the fancy stores and see the beautiful architecture.











Walk the High Line



One of the newer things to do in New York City,  the High Line is a 1.5 mile walk along an elevated section of the West Side.  It is kind of like a park floating in the air and is great for taking pictures, having a coffee, or just moving around and taking a walk across.






Take on Time's Square



Personally I think going to Time's Square is best accomplished at night when everything is lit up and exciting.  It has some great people watching, along with some shops to check out.  The M&M store is a must, although it can get really crowded.  Also check out the Toys R Us nearby because even if you're a teen, that place is insane.






See a Broadway Show


It is nice to have an event to get more dressed up for and a Broadway Show makes for the perfect evening.  But, you do have to find the right show because some end up really boring.  Check out the Lion King, Wicked, or Annie, as those three are my personal favorites.









Sightsee


Whenever I go to NYC I try to pick at least one tourist attraction to check out.  The Rockefeller Center and Empire State Building are two of my favorites, but don't forget about The Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, or Statin Island Ferry.  I love taking pictures at these monuments (can you even call these places monuments...I don't know) and looking back on them later because they make such good memories.



xoxo
Emma

{ps click here to see my previous blog post}

No comments:

Post a Comment