Monday, January 26, 2015

Snow Day Essentials

First snow day of the year tomorrow ahhh!!  I am right in the middle of the big snowstorm hitting New England so of course schools have shut down for the day tomorrow.  I'm planning on spending the day mostly in bed watching Netflix and probably not leaving my house because that requires shoveling my driveway...not happening.  My parents refuse to have a plow clear the snow every winter because they think shoveling the driveway is 'fun' for the family...hmm.

When I have a snow day, there are a few essentials I must have throughout the day.


{FUZZY BLANKET} My grandma gave me the most amazing warm blanket for christmas (pictured above, link here) and it is life.  Blankets are required on snow days to keep you nice and cozy.

{PAJAMA SET} Flannel pajama sets are so worth the hype.  They keep you looking cute and put together, and warm too.  I currently have a leopard pajama set and striped one from victoria's secret which i basically live in.

{HOT CHOCOLATE} I am unfortunately not into tea, I wish I was since it is so good for you, but I still spend my time drinking hot cocoa.  A nice cup of hot chocolate combined with Netflix can keep me occupied all day.

{IPHONE AND LAPTOP} My laptop is home to netflix and all of the blogs I read so that is definiteley an all day essential- and of course I need my phone to communicate with my friends.

{WARM SOCKS} I don't know about you, but if I don't have a nice pair of warm socks on then my whole body is freezing cold.  I've been loving the knee high socks and will be spending all day in those for the snow day.

{CANDLES} Snow days are a perfect excuse to light up your entire room with candles.  My favorite scents right now are Merry Cookie and Mahogany Teakwood by Bath and Body Works.

If you're in New England enjoy your day off of school and leave a comment below telling me your number one snow day must have (and if you have a blog leave a link since Ill have time to check it out tomorrow)

xoxo
Emma

P.S. check out my nice occasion outfit for snowy days- not snow days! Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment